The Independent Food and Drink Academy (IFDA), provides a unique service to small independent enterprises from street food traders through to established small businesses, offering advice, support and training to help their businesses grow in this dynamic sector. Developed and delivered by industry experts, the Academy is a joint partnership with Leeds Beckett University and Leeds City Council.
The Academy’s objective is to help to professionalise, sustain and grow the independent food and drink sector in the Leeds city region by providing a blend of contextualised learning and development opportunities.
Become a member today!
As a member of the Independent Food and Drink Academy you will receive many benefits to help to grow and sustain your business, including:
- Business health checks: our business coaches provide support and guidance on critical business issues.
- Business mentoring days: we match our members with mentors to help develop business strategies.
- Educational master classes: our workshops focus on specific issues for start-up and growth businesses, such as finance, people, operations and marketing.
- Discount city centre trading pitches: attend events such as World Feast ‘Bringing Foods of the World to the streets of Leeds’.
- Read more about member benefits.
The Leeds Food and Drink Scene
Leeds is nationally recognised for having one of the best independent restaurant, bar and café scenes in the UK and many large organisations look to Leeds for inspiration and creative new ideas.
The large number of knowledgeable ‘foodie’ tourists and innovative locals, combined with a thriving network of high profile media outlets in the city, generates great opportunities for creative and enthusiastic food and drink entrepreneurs to launch and grow their businesses in a thriving and receptive market.
The two launch events are on Monday 25th April and Tuesday 26th April at Belgrave music Hall & Canteen and Trinity Kitchen.